Friday, March 11, 2016

Inkling Explorations Link-Up // March 2016


(Note: if you're interested in participating and new to the blog, you can find our link-up explanation/guidelines + more buttons here. :))

This month's selection is: A scene involving a letter, package, or post office in film


There are lots of exciting post office scenes out there; many in Lark Rise to Candleford and one in Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel to mention just two sources. And (a tremendous surprise to all of you, I know ;)) my highlighted scene for this month comes from one of my top favorites, the '04 North and South starring Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe.

With all the themes of deep truth and loyalty running through the story, this scene, with Margaret mailing the letter to her brother, is pivotal (not to mention gorgeous -- with the dark lines of the street offsetting the white and cream of her dress, shawl, gloves, etc).


(Yes, as one of my top favorite stories and films of all time, I love this movie through and through and through!! ;) You can read my full review HERE.)

Tell me! Have you seen this scene/North & South?


~     ~     ~

Just leave your own link here in a comment and I'll add it to the post. As always, entries are open through the end of the month and I can't wait to see your selections!

Entrants:



*How to do it*


1. Post the Inklings button on your sidebar.
2. Do a post on your own blog relating to the month's selection/subject (a literary excerpt as short or as long as you like AND/OR—if specified that month—a screencap from a film with an explanation of how the scene builds/develops the story). Link back here somewhere in your post.
3. Come back here and paste your link in the comments box and I'll add it to the post. Then enjoy visiting and reading everyone else's contributions!

That's all there is to it!

Up next month: A description of a lady in literature


20 comments:

  1. YAY! I LOVE LOVE postoffices. (There are several nice ones in Little House, too. ;-)) I'll probably end up choosing a Lark Rise scene, though - because Dorcas Lane is my ONE weakness. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here! http://naomiblog15.blogspot.be/2016/03/inkling-exploriations-post-office.html

      Delete
    2. Naomi,
      Yes, indeed. You know, somehow I just had this feeling about you and post offices... *smiles* Anyhow, I added your link right away and I'm hoping to comment ASAP!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, great selection AND a great topic! I really want to join in this month, so I'll have to see what I can scrounge up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie,
      Thank you!! I SO hope you can and can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

      Delete
    2. Here is my link! :D
      http://ramblings-of-a-red-head-girl.blogspot.com/2016/03/march-inklingsdarcys-letter.html

      Delete
    3. Natalie,
      Splendid! I added your link right away and I'm hoping to comment ASAP. ;D

      Delete
  3. Here is the link to my post, Heidi.

    http://thefloweringvales.blogspot.com/2016/03/inkling-explorations-link-up-march-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erudessa,
      Perfect! I added your link right after you left it and I'm hoping to comment on your post as soon as I can... ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Erudessa,
      Yes, isn't it just lovely?!? (But then, seeing as N&S's my favorite period drama and second favorite movie entirely, I suppose I am slightly biased... ;D) I'm so happy you love it, too!

      Delete
  5. A wonderful choice. I remember that scene as a very dramatic Point Of No Return.
    My post is here:
    http://best-of-classics.blogspot.com/2016/03/inkling-explorations.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose,
      Yes, indeed. :) And yay, I just added your link and I'm off to comment!

      Delete
  6. Hey, Heidi! This month's subject looked like so much fun, I just had to join! :D Here's my link: http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2016/03/inkling-explorations-link-upmiss-potter.html

    Hope I did okay for a first time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss March,
      Yay, I'm so glad you were able to do it! And yes, you did an absolutely fantabulous job. ;) I'm hoping to get over and leave an official comment soon... :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hamlette,
      Great! I added your link immediately and a comment is on its way... :D

      Delete
  8. Awww, I love North and South. It is one of my favorites. I know it's late, but my post is here: http://creativexplorations.com/letter-pride-and-prejudice/

    This is my first time joining your linkup but it seems like so much fun and I'm really looking forward to next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma | Creative Explorations,
      Awww... I'm delighted to find another lover of N&S!! Yay! And oh, no worries -- I'm so happy you were able to join in and are already looking forward to next month!

      (I added your link right away and I'm hoping to leave a comment on your post ASAP...)

      Delete
    2. Emma,
      (Quick note: my computer has had some issues with Disqus before, so I'm just coming back here to comment on your post... ;))

      But I was going to say your selection is positively perfect! And oh my, you're really making me want to read P&P... it's been so long. My absolute favorite P&P adaptation is the '95, but I grew up with the 80's version and really enjoy the 50's version, too.

      Your blog is lovely and I'm so glad you were able to join in the link-up!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...